Empire Niagra Slate
Durability, Protection and 25% Post-Industrial Recycled Materials
Empire Niagara Slate is 5/8" thick allowing for maximum aesthetic appeal. 10" and 9" exposure options allow for the creation of unique looks using staggered or random width offset installations.
The 14" Empire Niagara Slate tile is 5/8" thick. This added size allows each Majestic Niagara Slate 14" tile to cover one square foot of roof deck at the 10" exposure (100 tile/square) while maintaining a minimum 2" of headlap throughout.
Empire Niagara Slate Hip & Ridge is a polymer based ridge tile designed to provide the look of natural stone slate in the ridge and hip portions of the roof. Majestic Niagara Slate Hip & Ridge is 22"l x 14"w x 1/4"h and is available in 14 standard colors.
Features & Benefits
Available in 14 standard colors, and unlimited custom colors including cool roof options, Empire Niagara Slate offers endless opportunity to showcase the beauty of natural slate at a fraction of the cost.
- One 14″ tile = 1 ft2 of roof coverage
- Available in two sizes: 14″x 22″ & 12″ x 22″
- Weighs significantly less than natural slate
- Look of real slate without extensive maintenance
- Easy application keeps installation costs down
- Significant property insurance discounts may be available when upgrading or building a roof to protect against hail
- Natural appearance of real slate roofing
- 5/8″ thick for enhanced shadow lines
- Available in 14 standard colors and unlimited custom color options
- Staggered and offset, random width installations enhance roof texture and depth
Strength & Durability
- Provides superior durability and protection from extreme weather conditions that include wind, hail and driving rain
- 22″ length provides up to 4″ of headlap protection against wind-driven rain and ponding snow melt
- Significant life cycle savings
- Manufactured from 25% post-industrial recycled rubber and plastics
- Cool colors contribute to the mitigation of the urban heat island effect
- 50-Year Limited Material Warranty
- 50-Year Gold Star Labor & Material Warranty
- UL listed Class C fire resistance (UL 790)
- UL Class 4 impact resistance (UL 2218)
- Wind resistance to 110 mph (ASTM D3161)
- May contribute to LEED points
- Manufactured in strict adherence to ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management
- Fungus resistant (ASTM G21-09)