The Natural Beauty of Real Cedar with the Extreme Protection of a Synthetic
6", 9" and 12" Tiles
Empire Shake offers the appearance of natural cedar shake while providing superior performance, protection and durability. Unlike traditional wood shake, Empire Shake tiles offer unique architectural opportunities for virtually any roofing system and are manufactured in 6", 9" and 12" widths.
Empire Shake Plus
Empire Shake Plus provides all the benefits of Empire Shake with a 3/4" thickness for even greater aesthetic appeal. Manufactured with 25% recycled polymeric materials, EcoStar tiles offer long-term strength and durability.
Aspen Blend replicates the look of thick, hand-split wood by using a combination of Shake and Shake Plus tiles. This blend is manufactured in random widths of 6", 9" and 12" and thicknesses of 3/8" and 3/4" to give your home the rich, traditional look of wood shake, while providing an environmentally friendly, durable alternative to wood.
Hip & Ridge
Empire Shake Hip and Ridge is designed to provide the look of natural wood shake in the ridge and hip portions of the roof. Tiles are 18"l x 12"w x 1/4"h and available in 14 standard colors.
Features & Benefits
Empire Shake and Empire Shake Plus are available in 14 standard colors (including cool colors), unlimited custom colors, two thicknesses, and three widths. All of these elements can be used to create a truly unique home or facility.
- Provides the look of traditional cedar shake without extensive maintenance
- Easy application keeps installation costs down
- Significant property insurance discounts may be available when upgrading or building a roof to protect against hail
- Cool colors help reduce energy used by air conditioning units, typically resulting in energy savings between 10-30%
- The 3/8″ and 3/4″ thick tiles create the natural appearance of traditional cedar shake
- Staggered and offset installations accentuate roof texture and depth
- Available in 14 standard colors
- Packaged in a blend of 6, 9 and 12 widths
Strength & Durability
- Provides superior durability and protection from extreme weather conditions that include wind, hail and driving rain
- Significant life cycle savings
- Manufactured from 25% post-industrial recycled rubber and plastics
- Cool colors contribute to the mitigation of the urban heat island effect
- 50-Year Limited Material Warranty
- 50-Year Gold Star Labor & Material Warranty
- 110 mph Wind Warranty available
- UL listed Class C fire resistance (UL 790)
- UL Class 4 impact resistance (UL 2218)
- Wind resistance to 110 mph (ASTM D3161)
- Prolonged UV Exposure (ASTM G155)
- UL Evaluation Report to ICC AC07 (R18920-01)
- May contribute to LEED points
- Manufactured in strict adherence to ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management
- Fungus resistant (ASTM G21-09)