The Traditional Beauty of Slate with the Durability and Proven Protection of a Synthetic
The classic look of the 12" Traditional tile provides beauty and architectural appeal to any building.
The same look and appeal of the 12 Traditional in a smaller size for additional customization.
The rounded look makes this classic slate tile perfect for designing unique roof patterns or creating a true carriage house appeal.
The look of scalloped edges in a hexagonal pattern makes beveled edge tiles a classic.
Chisel Point tiles form a beautiful diamond pattern on the roof, reminiscent of European roof designs.
Hip & Ridge
Empire Slate Hip and Ridge is designed to provide the look of natural stone slate in the ridge and hip portions of the roof.
Random Width Blend
Empire Slate Random-Width Blend is an even blend of 6", 9" and 12" synthetic slate tiles, which provides unparalleled beauty.
Features & Benefits
The increasing awareness of the effects of climate change on the ecosystem and the economy continues to influence standards for environmental responsibility. Empire Slate offers a solution to the obstacles imposed by escalating regulations on building practices and can provide significant cost savings on roof maintenance expenses, cooling expenses and property insurance.
- Less than half the weight of natural slate
- Cool colors help reduce energy used by air conditioning units, typically resulting in energy savings between 10-30%
- Significant property insurance discounts may be available when upgrading or building a roof to protect against hail
- Blend Designer Series tiles together to add new personality to your home
- Staggered and offset installations accentuate roof texture and depth
- Available in 14 standard colors
- Enhance the historical look in both residential and commercial buildings
Strength & Durability
- Provides superior durability and protection from extreme weather conditions that include wind, hail and driving rain
- Significant life cycle savings
- Manufactured from 25% post-industrial recycled rubber and plastics
- Cool colors contribute to the mitigation of the urban heat island effect
- 50-Year Limited Material Warranty
- 50-Year Gold Star Labor & Material Warranty
- 110 mph Wind Warranty available
- UL listed Class C fire resistance (UL 790)
- UL Class 4 impact resistance (UL 2218)
- Wind resistance to 110 mph (ASTM D3161)
- Prolonged UV Exposure (ASTM G155)
- UL Evaluation Report to ICC AC07 (R18920-01)
- May contribute to LEED points
- Manufactured in strict adherence to ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management
- Fungus resistant (ASTM G21-09)